Monday, June 25, 2012

First Freebie!

Updated 7/20/2013

While the little guy is sleeping, I figured I'd post my first freebie.  This is an association game that I created to go with a frog/pond theme.  You can play it simply as a memory game.  In my preschool classrooms, I tend to do one inclusion group per week.  I typically do a story and extension activity with all of the children in the class.  For the in-class lessons, I separate the frogs into two piles (with one member of each set in each pile).  I hold on to one of the piles, and hand out the rest of the frogs to the students in the class.  I then tell the students what object is on my card and ask who has the matching frog.  You can use the activity to target sentence structure ("My frog is holding a ___"), providing explanations ("A fork and a spoon go together because you use them to eat"), and categorization (tools, sporting equipment, utensils, etc.).  Hope you enjoy it!




You can grab a copy HERE.

Please leave me a comment if you download :)


9 comments :

  1. Love it! Excited for your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cute. I cannot wait to try them with my students this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I am working with preschoolers in the fall, and I will be doing the whole class inclusion lesson once a week as well. I am looking forward to more of your ideas!

    -Brea
    www.letstalkslp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used this idea with monkeys too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute picture cards! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very simple and wonderful lesson plan for my Baby Animals unit! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...