Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 4th Inspired

Hello again!

So much to learn about this blogging world!  I want to say a "Thank You" to Katie over at playingwithwords365.com for some info she recently posted.  I had to revamp some of my activities as I wasn't aware that you couldn't share activities that use Boardmaker PCS Symbols.  The pictures aren't as cute, but I don't want to violate copy-write laws! I guess I have a lot of research and learning to do!



Well, in celebration of our Nation's birthday tomorrow, I have an activity for you that was inspired by firecrackers. You could use it as an alphabet recognition game or a phonics game.


You will want to cut out and laminate the cards, then shuffle them well.  You can have children play in teams or individually.  Each child takes a turn flipping over a card and saying the letter or letter sound.  If they are correct, they keep the card, if not, it goes back into play.  If a child selects a firecracker card, yell "BOOM!" and they lose their cards.  The person or team with the most cards at the end of the game is the winner.

Click here to download the cards.


Have a happy, fun, and safe Fourth!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...