Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snowman Glyph

My sample...Yeah, I know, I'm not 7!

I found an adorable Snowman Glyph on Freebielicious (see it HERE) and knew that I wanted to use it in therapy.  However, I knew that the original activity would be too difficult for many of my kiddos, so I adapted it slightly.  Here's what I came up with:


I printed the worksheet in black and white (I don't have a color printer at school) and colored it in.  I cut out all the pieces from Freebielicious in advance and used my Glyph to give the students direction.  They were required to answer the questions using complete sentences and follow directions to make the craft.  The finished product came out cute, don't you think?


Some of the students let me display their work!

Here are some close-up:

Finished snowmen!

I also wanted to create a sheet that would go home with the craft so the parents would understand what we did.  To save trees, I put two copies on a page:



Visit Freebielicious to download the snowman parts.  You can download my glyph visual HERE and the take-home sheet HERE.  Let me know what you think.  Have you used glyphs in therapy before?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...