Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer Themed Preschool Language Pack

I've been seeing lots of SLPs across the country posting their countdowns on Facebook.  "___ days left of school!"  My district starts AFTER Labor Day and, instead of one week off in March, we get two weeks off (one in February, one in April).  Add to that the number of days we've had to take (Hurricane Sandy, the Blizzard, etc.) and I will literally be in school until the end of June.  But, like the rest of you, I'm counting down the days until my summer vacation.  So, I was very inspired by some clip art I got from Scrappin' Doodles to create a new packet!


This packet targets the most common speech and language objectives I work on with my preschool-aged students.  Here's what you get:

Subjective Pronouns (6 pages).  Students will describe pictures using the words “he,” “she,” and “they.”





Yes/No Questions (4 pages).  Students will answer yes/no questions about the pictures.




Possessive Pronouns & Is/Are Verbs (2 pages).  Students take turns giving small tiles (20 total) to the boy and girl and completing the sentences (e.g., “The dog is his” or “The glasses are hers.”)




WHO Questions (3 pages).  Students will answer the questions about the children in the pictures.



Describing Action in Pictures (2 pages).  Students will describe the pictures using verb +ing and S-V-O formats.




Plurals (2 pages).  Students will use the correct plural form to describe the pictures.




WHERE Questions / Prepositions (4 pages).  Students will use prepositions to answer WHERE questions.



Game Board (1 page).  You can use the game board on its own or in conjunction with the activities in this packet.




And there you have my "Summer Themed Preschool Language Pack!"  You can access this product in my TPT store HERE.  I'm giving away 3 copies!  You can enter to win using the rafflecopter below!


25 comments :

  1. I would like to see comprehension goals addressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great packet! Would love to also see comprehension or retelling activities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. context clues for reading comprehension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auditory memory, storytelling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Negation (find the dog that is NOT eating, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. prepositions and following directions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!! I have some friends really struggling with pronouns and this would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute activity. I am always on the lookout for auditory reasoning activities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This packet is great. As I am getting a new caseload next year I am not sure what I am looking for, but anything with artic or language or both is always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always on the lookout for preschool activities around vowels. I have a handful of kids this year, and expect to have some next year, who are working on consistent and accurate vowels & diphthongs, as well as CV, VC, and all the other word shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would love to see a product with story retell with main idea and reading for details aimed at 2-4 grade.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see more activities that focus on analpogies or categories. Love this pack - looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this packet! I'd like to see more activities for basic concepts, that's another big area with my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in need of comprehension packets or activities to go with books in grades 2-4. I'm not crafty so I love all your wonderful ideas and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is very hard to find social skill activities for preschool kids- sharing words, negotiation words, joining in words, kind rejection words, tone of voice- nice vs mean//angry....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the comprehensiveness of this packet :) I am definitely on the look out for materials for recalling auditory details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this preschool packet! I work with this age group so it will surely go on my wish list! I am always looking for language packets and anything phonology.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Love your book companions, so I would say more products targeting story comprehension and retelling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in need of social skills activities and story retell activities :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Context clues, book companions, negations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am always in need of more products targeting context clues and reading comprehension.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...