Sunday, October 28, 2012

Articulation Turkeys

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this, but with a hurricane on its way, I'm not going to take power and internet access for granted! 



So I saw this cute clip art on TPT by Stacy Johnson (http://doodledotillustrations.blogspot.com) and decided to put together an activity focusing on articulation.  After I started working on this download, I saw this post and activity targeting on categories from Jenna over at Speech Room News.  I guess great minds think alike!


So here are my Articulation Turkeys...



I created turkeys for the sounds I am currently targeting in my articulation groups - /k/, /l/, and /f/.  I also threw in /s/ and /g/.  They are feather-less turkeys with a target phoneme printed on the belly:


Then there are 6 feathers for each target sound (initial position).



I also added one blank turkey and a page of blank feathers so you can add your own images to target other sounds.  You may want to leave the turkeys blank and use the turkeys and feathers as a simple reinforcement game.

My kids often like to do cutting/gluing activities like those found in the Scissors, Glue series from Super Duper.  Because of this, I added black and white turkeys/feathers so that you can create your own cut & paste worksheets.

You can grab this 15-page document FREE from my TPT store.  Hope you enjoy!


UPDATE 10/30/12:   Brea over at Let's Talk Speech-Language Pathology created a similar activity with MORE phonemes and MORE word positions.  Head on over and check it out!

10 comments :

  1. Thank you for the adorable freebie! Hope you are able to stay safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea for articulation, categories, synonyms, antonyms, attributes...oh my gosh the list goes on an on for all the great language activities you would use this with! THANKS so much for the blank pattern too so we can make our own! This is GREAT! LOVE IT! Will definately be downloading and using ASAP!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for yet another great activity, Carrie. I so appreciate your creativity, as I have none. My students are loving your materials! Thanks again for your generosity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm glad your students are enjoying them!

      Delete
  4. These are great - thanks so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your great freebie, I don't know how you have time to do with your job and your family, I really appreciate the activity! Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! How do I have the time? My son still takes 2-3 hour naps on weekends, leaving me stuck at the house during that time. I usually write my posts during that time and post them during the week! I create activities at night while I'm watching (or more like listening to) TV. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...