Thursday, July 5, 2012

Birthday Riddles

Well, I got Google Docs to work for me tonight, so here's my latest activity...


In honor of the birthday of our nation and the Bicentennial Celebration of my hometown of Fairhaven, Massachusetts, I have a birthday themed activity for you!  What birthday celebration would be complete without cake, candles, and presents?
Present Cards

With present cards kept separate


In this activity, the birthday boy has twelve presents, but before he can open them, he has to solve a riddle to figure out what is in the box.  I prefer to keep my riddle cards and present cards separate (this way you can give lower-functioning students a choice).  However, since the presents in the riddle pictures is roughly the same size as the present cards, you could do a lift-the-flap type of set-up for this activity.


Lift-the-flap style














You can grab a copy here.

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...