Sunday, March 10, 2013

St. Paddy's Day Round-Up! (and a Sale)

St. Patrick's Day is fast approaching! So, it will be the theme of my therapy sessions this week.  What exactly will I be doing you may wonder?  Well here goes:




1.  "Something Green" - This is one of my all time favorite St. Patrick's Day activities!  It comes from the book "Listening for Basic Concepts All Year 'Round" (Linguisystems).  It's a story about two bears.  One wants to be in the St. Patrick's Day parade.  To do so, he must find something green to wear on his head.  He searches and finds a snake, olives, a pickle, and many other things before he finally finds a green hat.  The kids LOVE this story!





2.  St. Patrick's Day Preschool Language Pack - This is one of my TPT products.  I plan to use the Leprechaun Prepositions cards and All the Colors of the Rainbow in my language groups.  I will use the two open-ended activities (Leprechaun's Hat and Board Game) in my articulation groups.




3.  "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover!"  I'm combining some activities for this story!  I purchased the book companion from Crazy Speech World's TPT Store.  I will be using the sequencing mat and vocabulary cards while telling the story.  I will also use the mini-book so that students can take home for additional practice.  I printed THIS activity from Katie at Playing With Words 365 last year.  I typically use these with my youngest kids as they get into the story more when they get to feed the lady!





4.  St. Patrick's Day Pronouns TPT packet by MrsParker.  This activity targets his/her and he/she pronouns...a major need for the kids on my caseload!


Those are the activities that I'm using with my caseload.  If you're looking for more, or ideas for older kids, check out my St. Paddy's Day Pinterest Board.  There are a TON of resources and materials out there!


Finally, many of your favorite Speechie bloggers (myself included) will be hosting a St. Patrick's Day sale on TPT.  Everything in my store will be 15% off on March 17th!  Happy Shopping!!!



Are you planning St. Paddy's Day activities in your therapy room?  What activities are you using?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...